Thursday, 24 March 2016

Fun in the Kitchen - Easter Nests

I am not into baking. I actually quite enjoy watching shows like Masterchef and My Kitchen Rules and Great British Bake off, but do not ask me to do it. Things like dough, or sponges are just too far beyond me. Baking to me is a mixture of maths and chemistry, and if I don't understand it, I don't enjoy it. Dinner, I can do, but basic stuff, like throwing all the ingredients into the slow cooker or the classics of spag bol or lasagne! My husband is most definitely the cook in the family. 

I like easy stuff. Stuff that doesn't involve complicated recipes and hundreds of ingredients. So with Easter just around the corner, I thought I'd try making some Easter Nests with the Wee One. My mum makes these with her a lot, and my gran used to make them when we were little (and not so little!!). 

So all we need is:
a packet of cornflakes (Aldi's own brand are great) 
a 500g bar of chocolate (again, Aldi's own brand stuff is lovely - I am not sponsored by them, honestly!!)
An handful of raisins (optional)
Mini eggs to decorate 

Simple right? Melt the chocolate, crush the cornflakes into the chocolate, add in your raisins, mix. 



So simple even the Wee One can do it. 
Then we just spooned the mixture into our paper cases. The Wee One had the important job of putting the eggs in the nest... 


... and the even more important job of licking the spoon! 


And there we have it. Simple Easter Nests that even I, the most bakery-challenged person in the world, can make. 

They look quite tasty I must say: 






2 comments:

  1. I love baking with my kids and this is one of our favourite things to make because it's so easy and fun, but tasty too! Thanks for linking up to the #BinkyLinkyP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our twins love baking with their mum lovely post Thanks for linking to the #binkylinky

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...