Thursday, 10 March 2016

17 Weeks Pregnant: The Midwife Says I'm Normal...

... SO much she doesn't know!! Ha!

But seriously, according to the the midwife, I'm sailing through the pregnancy so far. She has no concerns, and neither do I.

To be honest, I had a great pregnancy with the Wee One, and I'm feeling exactly the same as I did with her. I feel a bit bad because a few of my friends are having horrible pregnancies, with lots of sickness, split pelvises and hospital admissions. But hopefully I'll continue as I'm going just now.

The nausea is still there, but I've not really been sick at all. Sometimes I'll walk into the kitchen and a rogue food smell will give me the boak, but thankfully that's all. Health wise I've been fairly fine, although we were all loaded with the cold for a week, and the Wee One had a day off nursery with a sickness bug. Thankfully she kept it to herself and didn't share with the rest of the family!

I'm still eating SO much. I'm waiting for my appetite to calm itself but I'm afraid that may never happen and I will end up the size of a house! I had to buy much bigger pyjamas and the biggest pants known to man in order to be comfortable. 

Thats not even a baby bump, it's just greediness!

The Wee One still seems fine with the idea of having a sibling. Although every times someone asks her if she wants a brother or a sister, she replies "maybe a bit of both". Not gonna happen pal!

Work has been interesting these last few weeks. I'm constantly being told off for moving heavy boxes or trying to do too much, and my colleagues are great, they're looking out for me. We've had a patient who went for a scan that required radioactive dye, and so I had to avoid her for a day while she was still radioactive and I'm still having to avoid being sent down to the X-Ray department!

Being part time has really helped this time round. I was full time when I was expecting the Wee One, and it was exhausting. Don't get me wrong, I'm still shattered this time writing. I'm in my bed and sleeping for 10pm most nights. Come 9pm I just feel so overwhelmingly tired and I have to lie down. I'm hoping that will pass soon too.

Now we're just waiting for our 20 week scan in April. We're not desperate to find out the sex of the baby. At the end of the day, as long as it's a healthy baby, and it's not blatantly obvious on the scan, then we'll wait to find out. After all, once you know, you can't change it!



4 comments:

  1. Glad everything is going well for you :) I applaud you for not being desperate to find out if you're having a little boy or girl! I was soon desperate to know, but I'm pretty impatient by nature so there was no way I could have lasted until 40 weeks! Best of luck :) #BinkyLinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everything is going so well good luck Thanks for linking to the #binkylinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad everything is going well. I hope the nausea eases up bit for you. Thanks for linking up to the #BinkyLinky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it's all going well. You are lucky to have a great pregnancy. Long may it continue hon x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...