Friday, 12 February 2016

I'm Back!

It's been over 15 months since I last blogged. It sounds like a confession, but to be honest, I had kind of lost my way a little bit. I felt I didn't really have anything to blog about, and what I did want to write about, I couldn't get into words. So it's been a while.

In the meantime, lots of things have been happening. The Wee One started nursery, turned 4 and will start school this year after the summer. We also had a few trips to the dental hospital and the Sick Kids hospital after an accident at nursery knocked a front tooth out, and a fall a month later resulted in the other front tooth having to be removed under anaesthetic. Her beautiful smile remains tho, regardless of the missing teeth.

My husband and I both lost our grans within a month of each other. The passing of S's gran was very sudden, unexpected and a shock to everyone. The Wee One loved her GG, who according to her was always up to "shenanigans", but surprisingly, she took her death very well, and accepts that we can't see her any more. My gran had been unwell with dementia for a few years, but her passing was still hard to take and I miss her a lot. She died a few days shy of her 89th birthday, and I'm sad that we won't get to celebrate her 90th, but happy that we were blessed to have her for such a long time, and that the Wee One had two great grandmothers who knew and loved her very much.

There were massive changes at my work. The hospital closed, and we were merged in to a massive big "superhospital", much further away. I can't talk a lot about my work, but it was a very stressful time. I was the only nurse from my old ward mixed in with nurses from 4 different hospitals, all with very different ways of working, different ideas of what should and shouldn't be done, and all in a hospital where absolutely everything was new to everyone. Some folk quit, lots went off sick, others got transfers out to different wards/departments, all which left us short staffed and overworked. I came home crying most days after a long 12 hour shift, mostly out of sheer frustration, tiredness, and general dislike of the new place.  I was miserable, moody, and it was affecting my family life. After a few failed attempts at interviews for new jobs, I made the hard, but ultimately correct, decision to go part time. I probably should have went part time when I went back to work after I'd had the Wee One, but I enjoyed my job back then, and worked with an amazing team of people. Financially, it has been a big blow, but emotionally and for my sanity, health and my marriage, it's been the best thing ever.

And finally, we found out just before Christmas that we're expecting Baby Number 2. We are due in August, and the Wee One is super excited to be a big sister. Although, I'm not sure we'll be consulting her on names, considering her most recent offerings have been: her name, Colin, Baby, and Wall...

So I'm glad to be back. And hopefully, I won't be taking another extended break any time soon.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I've just had a blog break too, although not as long as yours. I'm sorry for your losses. Congratulations on your new baby, something wonderful to look forward too x #binkylinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back congrats on your pregnancy thanks for linking to the Binkylinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back look forward to your post hoping your pregnancy goes well Thanks for linking up to the #BinkyLinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to have you back hon & the good thing about blogging is always here when you want it x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...