Saturday, 21 June 2014

Sunny Days

Being night shift on what's been the sunniest, hottest week of the year so far really has been quite cruel. Watching everyone set up their barbequeues and relaxing in the sunshine as I was leaving for work really just was not fair. Also unfair was that Husband was back shift, and neither of us have been able to enjoy the sun or make the most of the good weather with the Wee One. 

Although Husband was working this morning too, and the weather today was definitely not as warm and much cloudier than during the week, we headed to the football pitches this afternoon for a run around with the Wee One and her football. 

Who says girls can't like football? Certainly one woman I overheard in the toy shop the other day, when she was asked by who I think was her mother, if her daughter would like a ball, answered "eh, no, she's a GIRL". I felt like saying, "and what?" The Wee One LOVES her football. Not a day goes by where she doesn't beg her daddy to play football in the garden or the house with her. 

Give this girl a football and she'll be happy all day. 





This obviously makes daddy happy! But I love a good kick about too. I also love that it tires her out (or at least it's supposed to) and I suppose it's setting her up for an exercise activity that she enjoys. But then, what toddler doesn't love running wild in a big open space?

You know what else toddlers love and that we're absolutely made for sunny days? 

Ice cream. 


And bubbles. Obvs. 





3 comments:

  1. It's great that your little girl enjoys a sport that will keep her fit and happy, I'm sure Daddy is really pleased that she likes football too. Thanks for linking up and sharing your family fun with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pleased that schools includes everyone in all sports, so hopefully it adds a bit of balance to attitudes that football is just for girls. I know my two girls are very happy to kick a ball around with my son. They love cricket too. Looks like your little one is enjoy playing sport already. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww soccer/football is so cool to play. We sometimes fo this on the beach! Looks like you had fun! I am glad you were able to enjoy the sun together =) #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...