Friday, 10 January 2014

Outdoors

Getting motivated to do anything outdoors other than essential stuff has been difficult because, let's face it, the weather has been crap. Starting the year off with torrential rain and gale force winds hasn't really helped with achieving my new year aim of getting outside more.  Coupled with the fact that I am more than happy to park myself in front of the tv in the ass shaped dent I've created on the sofa, motivation has been pretty much non-existent.

I'm more than aware that staying in and having the tv on all the time probably isn't very good for the wee one.  Hence, vowing to go out more. She got a little push along bike for her Christmas, and we've been desperate to try it out, but it really never has been a dry enough day. Wednesday appeared dry enough, so we ventured out down the path outside the house. 



It wasn't long before the clouds came, and the drizzle started, so we reluctantly went back indoors.

Yesterday, however, was a much brighter, drier day. We met up with a friend and her little boy up at the loch and took the bike up there. Even in the middle of summer it's always a wee bit colder at the log, but man it was freezing!  Usually a brisk walk round the loch really warms you up, but with two toddlers and their bikes and scooters in tow, it was a slow trudge. 

I always feel like I'm depriving the wee one of fresh air, as we never go anywhere that outdoorsy, so thats why I love going round the park. It really is one  of my favourite places, and the little play park is great for the wee ones. The kids had fun on the swings, and the seesaw, and running about daft chasing ducks at the loch side. Before we knew it two and a half hours had passed. We had quick bite to eat in the cafe, before heading home, and the wee one wanted back on her bike as we went to the car. 


The wee one loved being out in the fresh air, and didn't want to go home, so I'm hoping to get out on her bike at least once a week. She seems to be immune to the cold weather, unlike me. I'm still trying to heat up. 

3 comments:

  1. Children don't seem to feel the cold as much as we do, I think it's because they are always on the move and enjoying themselves so much. What lovely pictures of your daughter enjoying her christmas present. Thanks for linking up and sharing your outdoor fun with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you managed to get out and use her Christmas present, it certainly sounds like she and fun! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your determined to get out and more and brace the cold weather. I have invested in lots of warm clothes for myself as my wee man does not get bothered by it as much! It can be hard to motivate yourself but so much better when you do it. Sounds like you had a good time. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...