Sunday, 3 November 2013

Soup update!

Those of you who read yesterday's post about making soup, will be aware of how I really was just winging it. Armed with mums recipe in my head, I set out and put it on to boil this morning.

I put the pot on to boil, then down to a simmer before we went to meet my parents for a bit of shopping.

Casually mentioned to my mum that I was making the soup today, and that I'd left it to simmer while we were out. Her words? "Ooh, that's a bit of a high heat, you maybe should go home and make sure it's not dried out".

EEP! Panic. I had put plenty of water in, but stupidly, forgot that soup needs to be stirred!!

So I got home, gave it a wee gentle stir... And some of the soup had stuck to the bottom!! Argh!

However, it was rescuable, and turned out looking like this!!



And it tasted exactly like mums!

Hubby tried it and said it tasted great, but then he has to say that to stay married to me ;o) The ultimate test was giving a bowl to the wee one for dinner. The 21 month olds verdict?

"I like it"

Result.

3 comments:

  1. Well done you! Being able to make good soup still makes me feel like a successful parent/wife/human haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could make good soup. Mine always ends up really watery :-(

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...