Sunday, 15 September 2013

I appear to have lost my voice...

... my blogging voice that is.

I've not blogged in a few weeks. You know that saying, "if you can't think of anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? I can't even think of bad things to say. 

Well, that's not strictly true. I can think of lots to say, but it probably wouldn't make sense or appeal to anyone.

The truth is, I'm just not sure where I'm going with this blog. It's title is fairly misleading: yes I am a nurse, but I can't blog about work because of confidentiality reasons and I don't want to be sacked! And I fear that if I do write about work, it would take up all the space on Ranty Friday!

I do knit, but not to the extent that I would like to, and I'm certainly not knitting anything blog-worthy at the moment. I can't knit with the wee one around because she finds yarn fascinating, steals it and subsequently tangles it up. It's worse than owning a cat!

I tend to just write about the wee one, and to be fair, while I think she's awesome, wonderful and the best thing since sliced bread, I'm pretty sure not everyone wants to hear about it.

I think I need to find out what I'm good at, which at the moment is... not a lot. I discovered this after a conversation with @Mrs_GB and @susankmann at a wedding last week. @Mrs_GB is an excellent baker, yet despite this has lost SHEDLOADS of weight and blogs about it over at Greetings from Dietville.  She made the wedding cake and cupcakes, and I swear there's nothing she can't do (I think she's secretly Mary Poppins)

@susankmann is just all round amazing, from crafts, to creative writing, to being like, the most awesome mummy ever, and her blog reflects that.

The way these girls write is just amazing.  Meanwhile, I'm stuck here, only really taking part in Silent Sunday, because it requires zero words, and no writing skills.

I need to find my voice, my niche, my own contribution to this little blogging world. Until then, I'm afraid this blog will be very quiet.


2 comments:

  1. I know that feeling. You sit and think: What am I going to blog about?
    I've written about it a couple of times: http://www.bloggingworks.co.uk/2013/07/how-to-get-over-bloggers-block.html or http://www.ellenarnison.com/2012/06/ten-things-to-blog-about-when-you-dont.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well considering this is essentially a blog post about nothing, I've still read it all the way to the end so don't despair! I think you have a lovely honest and easy to read tone of voice. Just don't be too daunted to use it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...