Saturday, 20 July 2013

The Gallery: I Made This

This weeks Gallery theme is right up my street! The theme is I Made This am as you can see from my blog name, I love to knit. 

However, I've not had much time to knit now that the wee one is bigger and into everything. If I bring out the needles, she instantly takes an interest in what I'm doing and runs off with my ball of yarn!

I am slowly but surely getting a few projects done. I am currently getting my sisters wedding favours done, albeit at a rate of about one a week. They are small, stuffed hearts, which will have ribbon attached so they can be hung up. Pretty cute, I think. 


I also recently made a small heart shaped flower girl bag for a friend who gets married soon. There was no pattern to suit what we wanted, so I had to adapt one. Now, I am no mathematician and I have very little imagination so this was super hard for me! But, after a lot of scribbling and lots of ripping out and starting again, this was the final result:


Not bad if I do say so myself!

And then my poor neglected project, which has been on the needles for AGES is a super easy blanket for friends who are expecting. Although, at the rate I'm going, I suspect that they'll be getting it as a present for their next child!


Why not check out the rest of the entries to The Gallery over at www.thestickyfingersblog.com or #Thegallery over on Twitter. 



3 comments:

  1. They look great, especially as you made it up yourself, impressive! I haven't knitted since I was a kid and then I undone more that I kept :-S

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mini hearts are super cute! The blanket looks like it will be lovely too. Envious of anyone with knitting skills, I find it so tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work! Am very impressed with anyone who can knit, and especially working out your heart pattern must have been hard.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...