Friday, 26 April 2013

Soft Play Adventures

This week we braved soft play for the first time. I don't know why we never took the wee one before now, she absolutely loved it! I've always thought that she was too small to go to soft play, but when we went on Tuesday there were kids much younger than her and she practically looked like a big bruiser! But since I don't go to any mother and toddler groups and we only go to the Rhymetime at the library once a week, I thought I better start getting her to interact with other kids.

The wee one was a bit apprehensive at first but she was soon running around mad. She only started to climb the stairs at home last week, but she headed straight for the climbing area. She was running about and ran straight into another little girl and they bumped heads. Samantha cried for about a minute then wanted to get back to playing, whereas the other girl screamed the house down. I felt so bad and went over to apologise to the girls gran. She was looking her granddaughter over, when she turned o me and said "are you sure it was just a bump?" I wasn't quite sure what she was meaning by that, as Samantha had a great big mark on her head and the other girl a mark on her cheek. Samantha certainly hadn't hit her or anything. But the gran whisked the little girl away anyway, leaving me feeling terribly guilty! Not the kind of interaction with other kids I'd been hoping for.

Once the wee one found out she could climb up to the top of the frame, the only way back down was the slide. My heart was in my mouth when she stepped on to the slide, and I've never climbed up anything so fast in my life. I also found out that my hips are now far too wide to go down a slide...

We were both absolutely exhausted after an hours play, and I'll definitely be taking her back, as it lets her burn up all her energy and let's me grab a coffee!









1 comment:

  1. The boys have always loved soft play it's great & Happy Days is good. We'll see you there ;) x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...