Monday, 21 May 2012

Successful Night Out

On Friday I had tickets to see Ernie Haase and Signature Sound, an American gospel group, in concert at the Concert Hall in Glasgow.  We had had the tickets since just before Samantha was born, and at the time I was confident that she'd be fine to stay in with her daddy while I went out. 


Well, I was apprehensive about going.  Samantha still isn't taking milk from the bottle yet, although she takes about an ounce and a half before she gives up and has a wee tantrum.  Plus this would be the longest I'd be away from her.  I know deep down that she's fine with her daddy, but still I was anxious.

I was instructed not to phone or text, unless hubby text first.  Fair enough.  So I went and thoroughly enjoyed the concert.  Hubby says Samantha had a wee bit of milk from the bottle, and took a wee while to settle but when I came home she was fast asleep, and she didn't wake up for a feed until 1.45am.  I'll call that a success. 



It was definitely worth going out for, the concert was amazing.  They really are a spectacular group.  I know gospel music isn't everyone's cup of tea, but my sister and I were raised listening to the likes of Signature Sound, and the Gaither Vocal Group, and the likes. 


I'll leave you with videos of my two most favourite of their songs.  The 4 part harmonies are amazing. 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...