Thursday, 10 May 2012

16 Weeks

Samantha is now 16 weeks old.  It has gone so quickly, yet feels like a lifetime.  It feels like she's always been here and always been part of our lives.  


All smiles: with my cousins daughter.
Samantha smiles a lot now, and has such a cute little giggle.






Her grip is getting better, and she holds on to her toys well.  Of course they all end up straight in the mouth!  She has rolled over once, but then got such a fright that she immediately burst out crying, and she's never done it again since.  We have tummy time, and story time, even though she doesn't know what I'm saying, but I like to read to her. We have a fairy tales book now, and last nights story was the Gingerbread Man.  I forgot how much I liked these stories when I was a wee girl.


Her weight is steadily increasing, slowly, but surely.  She's now 10lbs 11oz, and I've had to pack away some of her baby grows and outfits as they just don't fit any more.  I still worry that she's small for her age and she still wears 0-3 months clothes, but I know all babies are different.  Soon we will be thinking about starting to give her proper food.  What a scary thought! 


At the weekend we had such a bad time getting her to sleep.  It was a battle right to midnight, then she'd wake up at 1am to get fed.  Which meant a very tired mummy and daddy, but an even more exhausted Samantha! It lasted all the way up to Tuesday night, where she slept from  8.15pm to 8am! Which meant both hubby and I were up almost every hour just making sure she was ok.  She does have the best sleeping face though:






Wonder what the next few weeks will hold for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...