Tuesday, 3 May 2011

The Galley: April

[The+Gallery.jpg] So Tara's theme for the Gallery this week is April.  Well, April usually means a lot of things to me: my mum's birthday, the start of spring, April Fools Day, Bank Holidays, and slightly raised temperatures (weather, not being poorly!).

But this year, April saw me do something I never thought I'd do.  And that is complete a knitting project in just over 2 weeks.

On the 13th of April I cast on the Lady Kina pattern for a nice summery cardigan.  It looked a bit like this:


And today, I cast off and it looks like this:




Not the best of photo's (taken on iPhone, as I'm having issues uploading from Picasa) but when I can I'll get a better one.  All it needs is blocked, and a button for the top and it is done.

Why not take a peek at the rest of the entries to the Gallery over at the Sticky Fingers blog?


11 comments:

  1. Love your take on the theme, and very admirative! I am absolutely useless at knitting, sewing, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh very nice. I never knit anything bigger than baby or toddler items lol. It would take me years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I wish I was able to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, well done you. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, I keep intending to remember how to knit.
    My Gallery thing appears over at http://gigglingatitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous... i only knit baby things... nice and easy and finishable! my 4 yr old is still waiting for the cardi i started for her this winter passed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! I love the feeling of immense satisfaction when a project is completed, right now - what next then?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are very talented. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, knitting has always been one of those things which completely baffles me every time I try it :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...