Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Yarn Along

The lovely Ginny over at Small Things hosts a Yarn Along link up in which she encourages us to share a photo of our current knitting project, and also the book we are reading at the present moment.




My current knitting project is the Easy Adult Sweater from Lion Brand (I'm a sort of beginner, remember!).  It's knit all in one, and it's been on the go for a good few months. I've stopped and started numerous times but I'm now determined to finish it!! I will finish, I WILL!


The book I'm reading is My Billion Year Contract, memoir of a former Scientologist, which was a Christmas gift from my sister.  It's about a woman's struggle to leave the Church(!) of Scientology.  I've had an interest in this area for a while, and I still struggle to understand how people can get so deeply involved in something that essentially sucks the life out of them.  This book is an incredible story and has had me hooked from the start.  It's hard to believe that this was someones life for over 30 years.

Please check out the other Yarn Along entries over at Small Things.

5 comments:

  1. Cor, that looks quite complicated for an accomplished knitter let alone a beginner. You can't be far off completion now though? The book sounds like one that would make you think - a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the link for the sweater. I think this will be on my needles before long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cara - I am now on the home straight, it just feels like it's taking FOREVER! I can't wait to finish it just to see what it looks like :)

    And no probs Tracey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely sweater and a great pattern. The neckline is so pretty! You'll be SO proud when you wear it.

    The book sounds fascinating. I just might have to check into getting it.

    Thanks for sharing!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely color. That sweater should be lovely, too, and it won't be much longer now.

    Stopping in from yarn along. My link is http://blog.mymummyknits.com/yarn-along-16/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...