Monday, 25 April 2011

Working in the Garden

What I love about this good weather, is being able to get out and do some work in the garden.   On Friday, it was like a scene from CSI as I killed many, many weeds!

The harsh winter seems to have killed one of my perennials, the pittisporum.  It's a shame, as it was a lovely plant, and was a wedding present to us from my mums colleagues.  Now it is just a skeletal bundle of twigs.

And now, these little blighters have moved in and made themselves comfortable:




Underneath all the weeds, these lovely flowers were beginning to come into full bloom.




But at least now the trees have been trimmed, the ground is prepared, I have new top soil ready to go down, and at the weekend I'll be heading down to the garden centres to get some little bedding plants.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...