Thursday, 21 April 2011

Nice Weather and Weight Issues



I have a love/hate relationship with all this nice weather we're having. 


Love that it's sunny.
Hate that it's too warm. I don't fare well in the heat.
Love that it makes everything look prettier.
Hate that I have red hair, and fair skin which means I'm prone to burning.

Love that it makes everyone feel better.
Hate that the heat gives me headaches


Love that I can do some gardening.
Hate that the garden needs so much done to it.

Love that I can wear spring/summer clothes.
Hate that my spring/summer clothers still make me feel fat.





I tried on a couple of tops this morning, ones I took with me on my honeymoon last year, and they were t i g h t.  That kind of tight way that you can see every lump and bump and over hanging bit.  Yeuch!

I'm currently only 5lbs heavier than I was on my honeymoon, but man does that 5lbs make a big difference!!  My goal is to get under 11 stone.  I've not been under 11 stone since about 3rd year of high school.  I'm currently 7lbs away from 11stone. 

I started Weight Watchers for the UMPTEENTH time at the end of February, and have since lost 12lbs.  I'm really happy with that.  But I'm still heavy, and my shape hasn't changed.  I need to get my butt in gear!!  The warm weather definitely gives me the munchies.  And with Easter this weekend, I'm being tempted by chocolatey goodies.  I know that exercise is the key, and I really need to motivate myself to exercise, but truth is I can't be bothered half the time.  I need an exercise that I enjoy doing.  I really wish our local swimming pool would hurry up and re-open as it's been shut since 2008! I used to go to the gym there, and loved it, but I've never found a new one.  I used to love going to the gym and for a swim.  I need to motivate myself to get out and even just walk for an hour or so, anything to get out of this habit of sitting on my ass!!

Because if I don't, I fear I'll end up like this:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...