Friday, 29 April 2011

Kreativ Blog Award

The very lovely Elle and Belle over at Our Handmade Journey have nominated me for a Kreativ Blog  Award. This means I just link back to their blog and write ten interesting facts about myself.  I don't even know if there is ten interesting facts about me!! But here goes:





1.  I learned to play brass instruments when I was 7, starting with a cornet.  I then moved on to a tenor horn and eventually, trombone.

2.  When I was in Primary 6, I was on a radio programme called In The News.  We were asked to write a short statement about something in the news.  Mine was about how kids comics and magazines encourage unhealthy eating by giving away free sweets with their comics, and basically they should stop doing it! My entry was chosen and I got to read it on the radio.

3.  I broke my arm when roller skating down a big hill.  My friend stopped right in front of me and I swerved to miss her.  I ended up wrapping myself around a lampost.

4.  My mum then didn't think it was broken, and I had to wait til the next morning before she took me to A+E (she's a nurse, LOL!)  She felt really bad when they x-rayed it and said I had to get a plaster on it.  I thought they meant they were going to put an elastoplast on it!

5.  I had an imaginary friend called Bulk.  I watched SuperTed a lot and I think that's where I got the name from.

6.  I watch a LOT of TV.  I have an incredible memory for lines from TV shows and movies, and routinely quote them.  I'm aware that this is unbelievably annoying.  If only my memory had been that good when I was studying for my exams.

7.  I always wanted to be a nurse, from when I was very little.  When people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I always said "like mum".  But I didn't do my nursing training until I was 19.  When I left school I went straight into a job at the local health centre, where I'd had a summer job. 

8.  I didn't really get many Highers, but I went back to night school every Wednesday for a year to get my Higher Human Biology.  I got a B.

9.  I married my first proper boyfriend.

10.  I learned to knit when I was about 7 or 8.  I now take my knitting almost everywhere, including work, where I knit on my breaks.  My colleagues all think I'm slightly mental, and tell me I'm old before my time.  I think they're just jealous ;o)


I now nominate Never Not Knitting, Tickled Pink and Go Knit In Your Hat.

1 comment:

  1. Haha my mum (little grandma) was the same when I broke my elbow! She said I would be alright in the morning!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...