Friday, 8 April 2011

The Gallery: Tomorrow

This weeks theme for The Gallery is tomorrow.  Tough one!!

However, I saw it and thought, YES! I can use one of my favourite pictures. 

Now this may be a bit of a cop out because, technically, this photo doesn't exactly represent "tomorrow" as it was taken in 2005! 

My sister and I were on our first holiday to Florida, and we were making our rounds in the theme parks.  One of the first ones we went to was EPCOT, where this picture was taken. You can see the big EPCOT "golf ball" in the background.



You're probably thinking, now what has this got to do with "tomorrow". EPCOT stands for Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow!

Why do I love this photo? Well, my sister and I had been walking "around the world" (there are different sections of the park dedicated to different countries) when she said "Pluto's following us".  I told her she was mental.  Then Pluto came to walk beside us, and started flicking my pigtails and pointing to his ears!  Then, the penny dropped with my sister; Pluto was pointing out that my pigtails were like his ears! 

And this photo was born.  And it's one of my favourites.

I hope this fits the criteria for The Gallery! Why not go and check out the rest of the entries over at the Sticky Fingers Blog?

14 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great holiday! Love the picture :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. We are taking Little Pink to Florida this year (courtesy of Mr Pink's airmiles) and I am soooo excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of smiles & sunshine! Just what we need for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely photo! I have always wanted to go to Disneyworld!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photo! Great story too and cunning theme too. My attempt is at http://gigglingatitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol you look like you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever interpretation, well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I would love Disneyland more than the kids would x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...