Sunday, 20 March 2011

Our 1st Wedding Anniversary

Today is our 1st wedding anniversary.

It's very hard to believe that this time last year we were preparing to walk down the aisle. At my mum and dad's house my father was fretting about his speech, the popper on my best friends bridesmaid dress had broken, and I was keeping my nerves under wraps.

At my mother in laws house, my husbands hair had thankfully grown in a bit (after an almost disastrous crew cut earlier in the week), was donning his kilt and downing a quick whisky as a toast to his dad, who I'm sure he wished was here for his big day. His dad passed away 19 years ago, and I really wish I would have got to meet him.

It was a beautiful sunny day, and the ceremony seemed to go by in a flash! 





We had our photos taken by my lovely friend Donald in my old local park.




Our reception was wonderful. Everyone we love was there, and there was dancing and lots and lots of laughter!






We have been together 5 years now. I love you more and more each day. Happy Anniversary darling. xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary. It was a beautiful wedding and you are perfect together xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Susan. Means a lot.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...