Tuesday, 1 March 2011

My New Journal

I have always kept a journal since I was a teenager.  I don't write every day; sometimes weeks go by and I have nothing to write (my life is not terribly exciting!). 

I use it as a way of letting out my emotions and thoughts and built up tensions of the day.  I find it so useful for letting out my worries, especially work related ones, as once I've written it down, I feel so much better.  Sometimes I look back at things I wrote years ago, and things I was worrying about then look so stupid.  But that's what it's there for, to release worries and make me realise I've been worrying about nothing.

I've always used cheap little notebooks, with bland covers.  They never look special, but they did the job.  All I need are lines to write on, (I have squinty writing on blank pages!).  So I decided to treat myself to a new one at the weekend, something lovely, that actually looks like a journal.

So I was browsing around Folksy, and came across a  seller called "mypipsqueak" who was selling a lovely journal cover.  I knew right away I wanted that one, clicked away and bought it. 

And it came today.  I love nothing more than receiving parcels!!  Especially when they contain something pretty:



And it's wrapped in brown parcel paper! I love brown parcel paper!!



And such a cute little label!  The care and attention gone into the wrapping is just lovely. 

And the journal itself is beautiful:



The cover is made of cotton fabric and the letters hand painted on.  But the best thing is the cover is removable. 



 I'm loving the fact that once this journal is filled up, I can take the cover off, and put it on to a new notebook!   Absolutely beautiful.  I'm so pleased with it.

Please check out mypipsqueaks shop over at Folksy.  She has some beautiful items.  She designs and hand makes each one, and her items range from journals and diaries, to accessories to tee-shirts. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh it's lovely! I searched for a really pretty diary at the start of the year and couldn't find anything I really really liked. I def have to get one soon x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...