Tuesday, 29 March 2011

The Gallery: Hair!

  


As you can see I was born a redhead...
...and I wouldn't have it any other way!!  I should point out that I am the only redhead in my family.  My sister and mum have dark brown hair, and my dad is pure white now, but when he was younger had brown hair too.    
 When I was very little, lots of people would comment on what a lovely colour my hair was.  And they were right, it is rather lovely.  I never thought this way when I was younger, as I was teased for being "ginger", although my hair is more auburn than ginger.  I got called names at school like Tizer, Irn Bru, Carrot Top, all the usual ones.  

I've never thought of dyeing it, it would feel so wrong  I'm so pale I wouldn't suit any other colour of hair!  People pay lots of money to get their hair the same colour of mine, so dye is not an option for me.  

It does go lighter in the sun, but now that I'm a bit older, there are some white hairs creeping in.

But I don't care! I am Ginger and Proud!!




Why not check out the other entries to the Gallery, over at Sticky Fingers?

7 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful rich auburn! You are a lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved ginger/red hair! Yours is a particulaury lovely shade! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hair! I naturally have fairly reddish hair but just dyed it bright red as I got fed up with it just looking boring brown....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. My little girl is a redhead. I think its brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have beautiful hair and should be proud! Also, glad I found another knitter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and so you should be, you have lovely hair :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...