Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Easy Adult Sweater

In my continuing efforts to de-stash my wool collection, I've been working on the Easy Adult Sweater by Lionbrand. 

I'm using about 6 balls of mint green DK wool I found in my Grans stash when we were clearing out her house (thanks Gran!). The pattern is fairly simple, a little more complicated for me, since I'm just getting used to following patterns.

I cast on about 2 weeks ago and here's where I am so far:



I'm following the pattern to fit Large, since I'm a big lass, and I didn't quite anticipate the amount of stitches it would require!! 251 stitches on my 4.5mm needles!! Phew, it's a LOT of knitting and it feels like it takes a day to knit just one row.  The instructions do say to switch to circular needles (which I don't have) but I'm coping not bad on the straight ones.

I'm beginning to see it take shape now.  What I like about it, is that it is knit in one piece.  And I like the edging.  Simple, but it breaks it up. 



I'm currently working on the sleeves.  Hopefully it will turn out alright, and I'll try remember to post photo updates!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...