Sunday, 23 January 2011

iPad cover trial

After working on knitting little iPhone covers (or Cozy Coverz as my friend suggested I should call them), I was asked to try an iPad cover.

I had a dilemma: I am not a designer, and I do not own an iPad.  So I had to figure out how to get the right size cover for an iPad.  There are not very many iPad patterns out there, and the ones that are are just a bit too elaborate for my current knitting skills.  To get the right size for an iPad, I Googled (thank God for Google!) to get the right dimensions, and found a Christmas Card which was almost the right size! Perfect!

I knew I wanted a bigger version of the iPhone cover that I could already do.  So I knew I had to cast on more stitches.  I started off with little test swatches, and had a bit of a Goldilocks moment, where it was too big, then too small.  Then it was just right.  Cast on 80 stitches with my 3+3/4 needles and continued in my ribbing pattern, until it was the right size.

And here's the result:



I can already see three small mistakes, and it's definitely not perfect.  But it's a start.




I will pass this one over to SusanKMann to test drive for size (she's a lucky iPad owner!) and I'll await her verdict! If it fits, I'll definitely knit some more, without the mistakes this time!!


1 comment:

  1. I can't see any mistakes it looks perfect to me. You are super talented. Thank you so much. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...