Thursday, 20 January 2011

Mother Nature: Waterfalls (The Gallery)

I'm a little bit late in submitting my entry for The Gallery (please forgive me!).

The Theme this week is Mother Nature.  I love scenic photographs, and as you can see in previous posts of mine, I love trees! 

However, these photos were taken at New Lanark, a small heritage site about 45 minutes outside of Glasgow.  It was a small mill village, owned and developed by a businessman called Robert Owen, who ran the mills.  It's such a quaint little place, almost every bank holiday my sister and I would go there, and my friend recently got married in the New Lanark Mill Hotel. 

A short walk from village takes you to the Falls of Clyde.  And the view there is absolutely breathtaking.  It's a great walk; you can walk all the way along the trail beside the River Clyde


The Falls are made up of four Linns.  The pictures below are of the Corra Linn, taken in the autumn time.  The flow was quite minimal, and the trees quite bare.  When the river is in full flow, the water level quite high,and the trees in full bloom, the view is spectacular, and the speed of the waterfalls is quite scary.






This area is protected by the national nature conservation trust, and I'm pretty sure there are Peregrine Falcons that have nested here, along with some bats! 

Why not check out the other Nature posts, over at Tara Cain's Blog.

3 comments:

  1. Waterfalls are amazing aren't they so beautiful yet so forceful, lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place and beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love waterfalls! These are gorgeous pics.

    Thank you for leaving me such a wonderfully encouraging and supportive comment on my blog (on "An Extremely Personal Post)....the Scripture was an awesome reminder, and was just what I needed. It really means so much to me.

    Much love,
    ♥Anita
    Smile; it the second best thing one can do with one's lips. --Author Unknown
    http://aseknc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...