Wednesday, 6 October 2010

The Gallery: Here Come The Girls!

This weeks theme for Tara Cain's The Gallery is Here Come The Girls.

Not a hard one for me this week as I have so many amazing women in my life. Some are family, some are friends.


In there are...

My "old" Gran, who was my fathers mother, who died at the ripe old age of 95... she never tasted alcohol, never smoked and would let you do you anything you wanted as long as you didn't hurt yourself doing it.

My Gran Wilson, my mothers mother, who also never drank or smoked, who taught me how to knit, and who was the busiest pensioner I knew, until she was diagnosed with mild dementia, macular degeneration and diabetes, and now she can't see to knit. But she can still tell you where you're going wrong!

My mum, the person I can go to with anything. Advisor, confidant, carer, protector, secret-keeper, helper, healer and friend.

My sister, who I can fight with, shout at, and disagree with and still love her at the end of the day.  Also one of my best friends.

My Best Friend, who I've known since primary one, and who I love, even though we are so different.

My School Friend, who Best Friend and I have known since primary school, she's the only one from school we have kept in regular contact with, and who is so lovely and thoughtful and kind.

My cousins daughters, who are crazy, both so different, yet so like my sister and I that it's scary.

My "church" friends, who I've only known for 10 years, but it feels like longer. We've all grown up and changed together, but still remain really good friends.

And last but not least, my Colleagues. I work with a big group of mostly women, (a few male nurses too), but I've grown close to most of them and that makes working together fun.


Why not check out the rest of the entries over at The Gallery!


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post, some great pictures and lovely tributes to them all in your words xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...