Friday, 3 September 2010

Bloomin' Lovely!

I have a small garden. It has enough space for a table and chairs, a whirlygig and a (sort or delapitated) shed. But I wanted to brighten it up with some flowers. I'm not the best gardener, but I enjoy pottering around, and de-weeding!

Friends of ours got us a lovely Pittosporum bush as a wedding present, and the poor thing has sat in the tub it came in for nearly six months. So it finally got planted this week.



I had to de-weed the entire section there, and uncovered a bush (on the right) that was getting drowned in weeds. It must have been planted by the previous owners of our house. It looks like it may flower, but I don't know the name of it.

But most of all I'm very proud of my sunflower.

It's almost 5 feet tall, and it's bloomed just this week.

Monday



Tuesday



Wednesday



Thursday



It really brightens up the garden, and I'm hoping to plant some more flowers come spring time.

Hopefully I'll have a bloomin' lovely garden in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment after the beep....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...